Chicken rice is a bowl of everything! Enjoy tender slices of chicken meat and Vietnamese rice brilliantly mixed with sprout beans, black pepper, chili jam and herb. What make chicken rice special is that rice is soaked up in chicken-based broth and some Vietnamese seasonings during the cooking process. Hoi An is home of chicken rice but nowadays this delicious dish has become popular at most of restaurant and eateries as well.
How to make Vietnamese chicken rice
Ingredients: shredded village chicken, rice, chicken-based broth, panda leaves, turmeric, sprout beans, black pepper, chili jam, seasonings.
Method: The rice is also cooked in a mixture of pandan leaves, chicken stock and turmeric in wood-fired clay ovens, resulting in its distinctive pale yellow exterior. Boild chicken until it becomes tender then drain off and make it shredded. In a large dish, serve cooked rice with shredded chicken, cooked sprout bean and some herbs.
Where to eat authentic chicken rice?
Vietnam is home to small eateries but there are also a lot of high-end restaurant serving everything from traditional Vietnamese food to western food. Tourists can find chicken rice popular in anywhere but with our list will help right up your alley. You expect to pay about 40.000 VND for each set of chicken rice. A full course including food and drinks may cost 60.000 VND. Note that the taste depends on region style.
- Com Ga Ba Dam – No.80 Trieu Viet Vuon street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi city
- Chicken Way – No.66 Trung Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi city
- Com Ga Tam Ky – No.46, Duy Tan street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi city
- Com Ga Ken – No.100, Hoa Ma street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi city
- Com Ga Ba Buoi – No.22, Phan Chu Trinh street, Hoi An city
- Com Ga Xi – No. 47/2, Tran Hung Dao street, Hoi An city